22 Apr 2009

How my mobile phone works like iPod Nano?


I thought of buying an iPod Nano. But after I examined iPod’s features, I discovered that my Nokia 6300 mobile can do almost everything an iPod Nano does!
The iPod Nano’s display size and resolution is exactly same as that of my Nokia 6300’s
My Nokia can play MP3 directly and 3GP video files. I can convert any MPEG, WMV, MOV, AVI, FLV (You Tube’s) etc. video files using loads of free converter available on internet.
Feature
iPod Nano
Nokia 6300
Screen
320x240 [4 cm x3 cm]
320x240 [4 cm x3 cm]
Music Playback
AAC
MP3, WMA
Video Playback
MOV
3GP
Interface
Via iTune only
As USB disk via cable or Bluetooth
Portrait/Landscape mode
Possible by tilting iPod
Possible via buttons
Built in Accelerometer
Yes
No (but not an issue)
Adding extra application
Only Apple’s application will work
Any Java (jar) file will work in the phone
Replacing battery
You need soldering tool to replace battery
Just take out the old one and put new battery inside
Extended memory
No way to put additional memory in iPod Nano
You can add micro SD card of size up to 2 GB
Built in speaker
None – you listen via microphone plugged into your ears only
Yes and of good quality sound
Built in camera
No
Yes – 2 mega pixels
Built in radio
No
Yes
Can be used as phone?
No
Yes (it is a phone!)
Price (mid 2009)
£100
£70
If you are thinking of buying an iPod (Nano or Classic), my advise will be hold on. There is a high possibility that your current mobile phone has all the facilities of an iPod. Although I do understand that majority of people buy iPod just because everyone else have it and it looks cool.
Nokia 6300 is quite an old model. But even that phone can compete with iPod. So, I am sure newer mobile phones even have more capabilities than an iPod.
Now I might have saved you few $£€ etc

No comments:

Post a Comment