18 Mar 2010

Car sharing does not work

When my long commute session began, I naively thought I could reduce journey time and exhaustion by sharing car thru various car-sharing websites.
Sadly, this scheme does not work.
Main reasons are
· Your co-passenger(s) are highly unlikely to commute to exactly same place. I know slight detour is not an issue but in congested peak traffic that time counts.
· Even if you start at same time in morning, finishing time can be varying. If someone finishes early, it is a problem for other one.
· What if you miss the journey? Alternative transport can be quite expensive.
· You are basically at mercy of other driver.
I did not get a single reply to my sharing post in those sites. This is unusual as my route was not a very strange one!
So now we know why we see so many single occupancy cars on UK roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment