2 Apr 2010

Our Iceberg is Melting - a fable on change management

Today I went to a bookstore and browsed several books in management section.

Then I found a book titled "Our iceberg is melting" which seemed quite thin and I decided, well I can finish it in the store itself.

So, within half an hour, I managed to finish the book off!

It was a fable about penguins in Antarctica. But funny part is, authors managed to highlight how change management can be implemented through this fable.

The fable naturally draws on eight steps for leading change which I have paraphrased below into seven to make them easier to understand:

1. Get peoples' attention.


2. Establish a change-leading team.


3. Agree on the results you want



4. Allow needed changes.


5. Show regular progress.


6. Stay focused.
7. Build new habits that will serve you well after the change is done
8. Make changes stick



This book is by no means a bible on change management, but definitely a good reading on steps how to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment